Position Title: Busser / Food Runner
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Food & Beverage Director
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt, FT or PT
Carry food from the kitchen to the tables and assist servers with providing water, bread and butter upon request while providing refills as needed. Remove used tableware between courses; clear and reset tables after guests leave.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain service area assignment at the beginning of each shift.
- Promptly greet guests as they are seated and bring water to table.
- Carry food on trays from the kitchen to the inside and outside service areas.
- Remove used tableware between courses and provide tableware for next course.
- Clear tables after guests. Take tableware to dish room and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate areas for washing
- Between seating’s promptly clean table tops, chairs and booths. Check floor and clean as required. Reset and arrange tabletop.
- Inspect assigned restroom every 30 minutes and clean as needed.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests. Communicate guest requests to server as needed.
- Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
- Assist server as needed with food delivery, especially with large parties and during peak periods.
- Thank guests as they are leaving
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- No previous restaurant experience required.
- Have working knowledge of the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Must possess a valid food handler’s card.
- Be able to lift, reach, bend and stoop.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
Work hours may include days and evenings on weekdays and weekends. Work indoors in a restaurant/lounge environment, with some outdoor work involving patio, and on-course service. Will be exposed to sharp utensils, extremely hot stoves and grills, sharp and rapid equipment movements, hot food, potentially dangerous chemicals and solvents on a daily basis. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. May be exposed to inclement weather, potentially dangerous pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers, misdirected golf balls, sharp and rapid equipment movement. Injury may result as a result of exposure to the above if safety policies and practices are not properly followed at all times.
General kitchen equipment, serving trays, utensils, general kitchen equipment, etc …
Must have the ability to:
- Give and receive verbal and written instructions
- Read and write (English)
- Communicate verbally with staff and customers
- Inspect all work areas
- Stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
- Lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, 25 pounds frequently and 10 pounds constantly.
|[Back to List]|